The Marley® NC Fiberglass Cooling Tower provides high value with the exceptional corrosion resistance of fiberglass, a strong steel support structure and Marley-engineered components. From this industrial-strength product, customers receive the unsurpassed integrity, performance, and reliability expected for demanding HVAC and industrial applications. Tower selections offer numerous box sizes, either factory assembled or field erected, with cooling capacities from 450-6400 kW (1455 nominal tons) per cell at standard CTI conditions.
Low Maintenance/Less Downtime
Unlike many tower configurations, the Marley NC Fiberglass Cooling Tower can be maintained while online; pumps can remain operational during cleaning and inspections of the distribution system. The tower’s crossflow design and large access doors promote easy access.
Long Service Life
The NC Fiberglass Cooling Tower is designed with robust materials. Wetted components of fiberglass reinforced polyester (FRP) perform reliably in hot, moist cooling tower confines. Steel support structure options include hot-dip galvanized steel, 304 stainless steel and 316 stainless steel to help withstand exposure to very harsh environments.
Each model is tested and certified by the Cooling Technology Institute (CTI) and Eurovent for guaranteed thermal performance. Sound levels are also independently verified by a CTI-licensed test agency and acoustic engineer.
Low Operating Costs
Highly efficient Marley fill and fans, gravity-flow water distribution, and mechanical drive systems work together to maximize cooling while conserving fan power. Mechanical components include a five-year warranty and the Marley Geareducer® gear drive requires no maintenance for the first five years.
All Season Performance
The NC Fiberglass Cooling Tower is reliable in the heat of summer and adaptable to energy management techniques such as variable flow and “free cooling” in the shoulder seasons. Its integral louvers help protect against ice buildup in the dead of winter.
DETAILS AND OPTIONS
Air Movement Package
- Removable fan guard of welded heavy gauge steel. Hot dip galvanized after fabrication.
- Eased inlet fan cylinder ensures full area, low turbulent airflow through the cylinder.
- High efficiency fan has wide-chord design for maximum efficiency at low fan tip speeds.
- TEAO Fan Motor is specially insulated for cooling tower duty.
Water Distribution System
- Gravity flow distribution system allows easy maintenance while the tower is in operation. Basin covers are standard.
- Marley Spiral Target polypropylene nozzles resist clogging and require minimal maintenance.
- Marley MX thermoformed PVC film fill is suspended from structural steel tubing. Integral eliminators and louvers keep circulating water confined to fill, even at low air rates.
- Drift Eliminators can achieve drift rates as low as 0.0005% of the design flow rate.
- Heavy-duty cast iron inlet and outlet flanges.
- Sloping collection basin for easier draining and cleaning.
- Crossflow configuration provides easier and safer on-line maintenance. Interior walkway is standard.
- FRP construction Galvanized and stainless steel substructure options available.
- Field assembly simplifies transportation to job site.
- Large access door allows quick visual inspection of cold water basin, internal structure, drift eliminators and mechanical equipment in the plenum area.